ClosureFast™ Thermal Vein Closure Procedure
The ClosureFast procedure or thermal vein closure uses radiofrequency energy or heat to close the diseased vein, which redirects blood flow to healthy veins, relieving symptoms. Most patients report feeling little, if any, pain during the ClosureFast procedure.A local or regional anesthetic is given to numb the treatment area.
Patients treated with the ClosureFast procedure may resume normal activities quicker than patients who undergo surgical vein stripping or laser ablation. With the ClosureFast procedure, the average patient typically resumes normal activities within a few days. For a few weeks following the treatment, a regular walking regimen is suggested, however, you should refrain from very strenuous activities (heavy lifting, for example) or prolonged periods of standing.
This treatment provides the following benefits:
- Relief of symptoms after two days with a
noticeable improvement in one to two weeks.
- Minimally invasive outpatient procedure.
- Local anesthesia along various points of the leg.
- Less pain and bruising than laser treatment.
- Faster recovery time than laser treatment.
- Compression stockings needed for at least one
week after procedure.
- Proven results with positive patient outcomes
- Rapid recovery — on average, patients resume
normal activities within a few days.
Contact one of our offices to find out more about vein disease and the ClosureFast™ thermal treatment.