Since we were founded in 1948 by Elwyn Evans, M.D., our mission has been to provide leadership in patient care to our community. In the beginning, we administered free cardiac clinics at the Orange County Clinic and the Florida Crippled Children’s Clinic. Throughout our history, we have been a part of many firsts:
- We were one of the first in the country to transmit and receive EKGs over the telephone.
- Our physicians were the primary operators of the first cardiac catheterization laboratory in Orlando.
- We provided our community with the first cardiac ambulance and the first cardiac rehabilitation center in the state.
We also helped establish the third coronary care unit in the country at Florida Hospital, along with the Florida Heart Institute, and we were one of the first in Central Florida to use the external defibrillator, the external pacemaker, and the endocardial pacemaker. We have also led innovations in the use of echocardiography, dilation of coronary arteries, balloon pump insertions, EPS studies, nuclear cardiology, and mitral and aortic balloon valvuloplasty.
We do not intend to rest on our laurels. We plan to continually strive to serve our patients with exceptional care for the next millennium.
We evaluate and treat various diseases including, but not limited to, the following:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Atrial Fibrillation / Atrial Flutter
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Carotid Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Elevated cholesterol
- Elevated triglycerides
- Heart attack
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Supra Ventricular Tachycardia
- Syncope (fainting)
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Ventricular Ectopy
- Ventricular Tachycardia
We evaluate and treat the diseases of the heart and/or vascular system causing the following symptoms:
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pain
- Exertional fatigue
- Leg discomfort
- Leg swelling
- Shortness of breath
To learn more about Central Florida Cardiology Group or to schedule an appointment, please contact us.